The CSU Board of Trustees meets today and tomorrow in open sessions, estimated to begin at 10 a.m. today. You can watch the Trustees meetings online.
The meeting began yesterday in closed session for executive personnel matters, and today's closed sessions include more time for executive personnel matters, as well as litigation and collective bargaining.
Among the agenda items for the open sessions are:
- Ratification of the faculty contract
- Adoption of an initial bargaining proposal for Unit 11 (Academic Student Employees, represented by United Auto Workers)
- A fairly vague summary can be found in Attachment A of the Committee on Collective Bargaining agenda, starting on page 6 of the PDF
- Increase the chancellor's authority to approve capital outlay projects, including:
- Capital outlay budget and scope of projects with a value of $5 million or less
- Schematic design of new buildings or additions with a value of $5 million or less
- Schematic design of all remodel and utilitarian projects, regardless of cost, unless the design is architecturally significant or includes significant unavoidable environmental impacts
- Construction of a financial trading center in an existing building at Fullerton ($1,044,000)
- A deal for Channel Islands to sell 386 apartments and some retail space for $81,000,000, with a lease-back provision for some apartments
- See Agenda Item 1 of the Committee on Finance agenda, beginning on page 6 of the PDF
- CSU 2016-2017 budget
- See Agenda Item 3 of the Committee on Finance agenda, beginning on page 12 of the PDF
Unit 9 Council Chair Rich McGee, and Vice Chair Ricardo Uc, are both scheduled to address the Committee on Collective Bargaining today and the Plenary session tomorrow.
- Watch CSU Board of Trustees Meetings online
- CSU Board of Trustees Agendas
- CSU considers $200 million, 3-year faculty contract (Santa Cruz Sentinal)
- CSU to begin lobbying for more state money as Gov. Brown’s budget falls short (Long Beach Press Telegram)