Reminder: Full contract bargaining is approaching, and now is the time to send in your bargaining ideas.
All of the Bargaining Unit Councils (BUCs) will be meeting October 1-2 to work on our next full contract bargaining proposal. If you have any ideas, comments, or suggestions about the contract, please send them in now.
You don't need to have a perfectly-worded proposal – just try to explain what's missing or what the problem is, as specifically as you're able. If you can include examples of a specific situation or case, that's helpful too, but not required.
Please don't assume someone else will send in your idea, or will see the same aspect of the problem that you do. The more feedback we get from the chapters, the better our proposal will be. We'd rather hear a half-formed idea (
X is a problem because of Y, but I'm not sure how to fix it because the only solutions/language I thought of would just make the problem worse…) than nothing at all. And we'd certainly rather hear the same suggestion multiple times than miss out.
- What's wrong with the contract?
- What language is ambiguous?
- What section is hard to understand or interpret consistently?
- What assumptions are made which shouldn't be?
- What language is keeping you from filing grievances you should be able to file?
- What language is making it hard for you to win grievances?
- What's missing?
- What's in there and shouldn't be anymore?
Please email your suggestions from off campus, using your off campus email account to Rich McGee, BUC 9 Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: this email address is temporary, and will go away at the end of November.) If you'd like to copy your chapter officers (at their off-campus email accounts), please do so.