Worker Occupational Safety and Health (WOSH) Specialist Training
August 8, 15, 22 (3 Saturdays)
8:30am - 5pm - Sonoma State University
Salazar Hall, Room 2016, 2nd Fl.
To register contact
Ph (510) 642-5507
For more information contact
Program Coordinator / Faculty
Ph (510) 643-2090
A free 24-hour course at Sonoma State University, where you will learn key occupational safety and health concepts. Learn how to take a leadership role in the workplace. The curriculum includes core modules addressing topics relevant to workers in a variety of California workplaces, as well as a series of supplemental modules covering specific topics and hazards.
Specialists also take three of the following supplemental topics to complete the WOSH Specialist Course. The supplemental topics are:
- Communicating Effectively About Workplace Health and Safety
- Chemical Hazards and Hazard Communication
- Preventing Musculoskeletal Disorders: Introduction to Ergonomics
- Workplace Health and Safety Committees
- How Adults Learn Best: Sharing Health and Safety Information in the Workplace
- Bloodborne Pathogens
Workers of all industries welcome!
In 2007, 15,428 California workers were reported injured on the job... 14,892 in 2007. Workplace Injury costs the State and Employers Millions of Dollars, and unquantifiable social and personal losses. By working together we can educate each other, to prevent injury and help victims rehabilitate and return to work.
(WOSH) Specialists will take leadership roles in promoting health and safety in their workplaces.
Jointly Sponsored by the Following Organizations:
- Labor Occupational Health & Safety Program (LOHP)
- Sonoma State University, Extended Education
- North-Bay Labor Council, AFL-CIO
- Sonoma Lake & Mendocino Counties Building & Construction Trades
- California State University Employees Union (CSUEU), Chapter 304
LOHP is based at UC Berkeley and describes itself as
a community outreach program addressing
today's health and safety needs in nearly every industry, from healthcare to agriculture to construction.