We've posted links to additional press coverage of yesterday's raid at Sonoma State University below. Some comments on yesterday's article contain first-hand reports.
Unit 9 Vice Chair and Chapter 304 Chief Steward Alisandra Brewer made this statement:
From the SSU Chief Steward, Alisandra Brewer:
I would not expect any CSUEU employee to be charged personal time for being sent home from work due to the FBI Raids. FBI really doesn't have the authority to send you home, though they can block you from your work area. Therefore, it was management that sent you home, so the day is Administrative Time Off.
If anyone is told they need to use their own time (vacation, sick, etc.) to cover for it, please notify me or any other steward immediately, and we will file a grievance so fast (insert cliché here)…
- Thriving SSU institute crumbled quickly (Santa Rosa Press Democrat)
- Feds Raid Sonoma State University Offices (CBS 5)
- Sonoma State Offices Searched as Part of Probe into Alleged Misuse of Grant Money (KRON 4)
- SSU Raided in FBI Investigation (KSRO 1350AM)
- FBI raids SSU administrative offices (Santa Rosa Press Democrat)
- Agents Raid Offices at Sonoma State U. in Probe of Alleged Misuse of Grants (The Chronicle of Higher Education)
- FBI Raid at Sonoma State University (Unit 9 News)